November 2019 – Tom Colcord
Join us on Tuesday, November 19, for Tom Colcord’s artist demo – Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials. Tom’s demo will cover:
• Artist’s Oil Colors – approach to color making.
• Color Theory – 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensional color space.
• Color Mixing – navigating color space; practical approach to color mixing.
• Mineral vs. Modern Pigments – how to create a personalized palette of colors.
• Indirect vs. Direct Techniques – historical application of opaque and transparent colors.
• FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors – benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colors.
• Galkyd Painting Mediums – focus on working properties and choosing the right medium.
• Building Permanent Paintings – understanding Fat Over Lean approaches.
Tom Colcord is an oil painter based in San Francisco, California. Tom received his BFA from Indiana University Bloomington and MFA from the San Francisco Art Institute. In addition, he has completed residencies at the Florence Study Abroad Program and the Art Students League in Vytacil, NY. Tom has dedicated his initial teaching experience in helping young artists and has taught at SFAI’s Young Artist Program as well as the Meridian Gallery Interns Program.
Join us and meet Tom on Tuesday, November 19
The Gallery at 48 Natoma has other classes scheduled on Tuesday evenings. We kindly ask that you park in the back of the building for the demos.
The back door will be open for you to come and go.