FAA Members Show – It’s an Abstract World
January 22 to March 25, 2021
Community Gallery at 48 Natoma in Folsom
and Online at Folsomarts.org
Entries will be judged for awards in two categories: ‘Abstract‘ and ‘Loose‘, with prizes for each category.
1st Place – $100, 2nd Place – $75, 3rd Place – $50
There will be ONE People’s Choice award for the show – $50
*** THANK YOU MEMBERS … THE SHOW IS FULL. ***
Folsom Arts Association is excited to announce that our next Members Show will be held at the recently re-opened **Community Gallery at 48 Natoma in Folsom. The theme for the show, ‘It’s an Abstract World’, is challenging FAA member artists to break away from the restrictions of this COVID year, and explore the joys of artistic freedom — whether via ‘abstraction’ or through a ‘looser’ rendering of their art.
Hopefully the show will open for in-person viewing in the Gallery, in accordance with safety parameters established by the City of Folsom. The show may also be viewed online starting January 22, 2021.
Gallery at 48 Natoma
** November 13, 2020: the City of Folsom announced that Sacramento County has returned to the most restrictive COVID-19 status. The Gallery at 48 Natoma is closed and private tours are unavailable until further notice. The members show may or may not be in-person depending on Folsom’s vacillating Covid status. We will keep you posted.
Please note that regardless, we will have the online portion of members show.
* One entry per artist. Must be original art, no giclee.
* 2D art needs to be framed and ready to hang with wire and D-rings. Gallery-wrap art must be painted or printed on the sides and ready to hang with wire and D-rings. Maximum width for framed artwork is 36 inches.
* 3D art will be displayed on a table or pedestal.
* Work offered for sale will have a 30% commission charged by the gallery.
* Space is limited, first come, first served.
* No applications accepted after Monday, January 4, 2021 (or before, if full).
* Entry fee is $15, payable online.
Steps for Registering
1. You must be a current FAA member in good standing to participate in the Members Show. If you are not a current member, visit folsomarts.org/membership to join or renew.
2. Registration includes the option to upload a JPG image of your artwork and artist bio. Your bio will be added to the FAA Members’ binder, which will be located at the art gallery. Your image may be used to promote the FAA Members Show.
3. *** THANK YOU MEMBERS … THE SHOW IS FULL. ***
1. To participate in the online show, you must send a JPG image of your artwork at the time of registration.
2. To include your bio as part of the show online, you must send your bio at the time of registration.
Registration deadline: Monday, January 4, 2021 (or before, if full).
Artwork drop off: Thursday, January 14, 2021 from 10 to 11 a.m.
Art on display: Friday, January 22 to Thursday, March 25, 2021.
Awards will be announced online: Friday, January 22, 2021.
People’s Choice award announced online: Monday, March 15, 2021.
Artwork pick up: Friday, March 26, 2021 from 10 to 11 a.m.
For questions, contact Lori Anderson