Folsom Focus Photography 2019 (Rules, Guidelines, Registration)
13th Annual Folsom Focus Photography Contest
September 6 to November 1, 2019
Sponsored by the Folsom Arts Association
at the Gallery at 48 Natoma
Prizes and awards will be announced at the opening reception
Friday September 13, 6 to 8 p.m.
Gallery at 48 Natoma
This contest encourages amateur photographers of all ages to submit their favorite photos that showcase Folsom from their own unique perspective. Contestants are not required to be Folsom Residents, but all photographs submitted MUST be an image taken in FOLSOM and identifiable as such. All entries must fit into one of the categories listed below. Entry fee is $6 per photo.
***** AWARDS *****
Best of Show $50
1st Place $35 * 2nd Place Ribbon * 3rd Place Ribbon
People’s Choice $25
Age Groups and Categories
Capture life in Folsom using one of the four categories as your guideline. Entries will be accepted in two age categories (15 years of age and under, or 16 years of age and older) for each theme. Awards will be given for each age category.
Folsom Outdoors – Landscapes, waterscapes, trails and parks. Photographs can include people as long as the subject clearly defines the outdoor activity and be sure to get their permission!
Folsom Wildlife – Showcase your favorite photos of Folsom’s wildlife: birds, deer, raccoon, snakes, frogs, etc.
Urban Folsom – Feature urban scenes including buildings, street scenes and events. Photos can include people, just be sure to have their permission to take their photo!
Macro Photography – Get really close to your subject: flowers, insects, water, etc. Please only submit photos of subjects that you shot in Folsom and that exist in Folsom.
Accepting entries: August 12 to August 23
Photos on display at The Gallery at 48 Natoma: September 6 to November 1
Opening reception and awards at The Gallery at 48 Natoma in Folsom: September 13 from 6-8 p.m.
Photos must be mounted on white foam board (no mat board), to the 8×10” size, with no framing. Entries, along with your form, may be submitted in person or by mail. A copy of your entry form will be emailed to you.
The Gallery at 48 Natoma Arts and Senior Center
48 Natoma Street, Folsom CA 95630
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Any camera type may be used, including cell phones.
* Entry fee is $6 per photo, payable online.
* Each person may enter a total of three (3) photographs.
* All photos must be submitted in original format – meaning photographs should not be completely altered by a graphic software or app (except for minimally such as exposure, dodging and burning, cropping, lens correction, and color correction). We want photos to be true to what the photographer originally saw.
* All photos must be 8” x 10″ prints, no exceptions.
* Photos must be mounted on white foam core board (no mat board), to the 8×10” size, no framing. Foam core board can be purchased from most craft supply stores. Visit YouTube on Mounting A Print on Foam Core – youtube.com/watch?v=z4-6uJ2uTeY.
* Attach the entry form to the back of each foam core board, identifying entrant name, photo title, category, age group, where or at what event the photo was taken, and the date the photo was taken. For the Macro category, we appreciate you identifying this as well.
* Photos previously submitted or received after the entry deadline are ineligible.
* Contestants are not required to be a Folsom resident.
* Open to amateur photographers: those who do not sell photography or electronic visual media, or make a substantial living from their photography.
* The contestant must be the actual photographer for the image entered.
* Each photographic image must be of a Folsom subject, activity, etc. of the category selected.
* Folsom Arts Association reserves the right to disqualify or remove any inappropriate photographs, as they deem necessary.
* Individuals, firms, organizations and city employees participating as contest planners, producers, organizers, vendors, and/or judges, along with family members, are not eligible to enter this contest.
* All photos must be collected by participants between November 4-22.
* Photos and Ribbons not collected by November 22 will be discarded, no exceptions.
Photos will be judged based on visual appeal, pictorial composition, originality and consistency with the contest category theme. Judging will be based on clear focus, creativity, and the photo must be identifiable with a Folsom event or location. Decisions of the judging panel are final.
* Award-winners agree that the Folsom Arts Association and the City of Folsom may use their photo(s) for publicizing the current and future Folsom Focus photo contests, other publications, advertisements, and other promotional materials. Award-winners will be required to supply a digital file of the winning photo. Digital files will not be returned.
* Winners shall allow Folsom Arts Association to display their photographs on the Folsom Arts Association website.
By submitting your entry and payment online, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the rules and agree to enter the contest as described. Enter at your own risk; Folsom Arts Association is not responsible in the event of damage or loss of your photo. If you are a prize winner, this Acknowledgement authorizes the Folsom Arts Association or the City of Folsom to use your name and/or photograph for Folsom publicity, promotion and advertising purposes.
Thank you to everyone who registered for the photography contest.
Registration is now CLOSED.
Stay tuned for more information.
Disclaimer: Information in the official rules is for reference only and is subject to change. The Folsom Arts Association reserves the right to revise, amend, or repeal the contest rules at any time.
Questions? Contact the Folsom Arts Association at email@example.com.